Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ok even I messed up on the series numnbers


Goyen valves has Just announced the introduction of a new diaphragm valve; The "Series 4".
The picture above shows the old style valves next to the Series 4.
We have put in a lot of valves over the past 12 years, and finally there is a design that" makes sense".   Gone is the diaphragm spring which always has been a challenge.  It always seemed that the spring  was the piece I would drop off the top of a silo when trying to repair a diaphragm valve.  They have also went back to the bolt design to hold on the front face.  I likes the bolts because the valve seated very easily, and the valve does not get corrosion on the threads common to the Series 3 valve (which made it difficult to open)

Visit our web site.

The millennium or Series three valve I always hated.  I have never liked the small keeper pin or having to carry up a pipe wrench to the top of a building (using a man ladder) to remove the front of the valve.
The keeper was just another thing to hold in my teeth while balancing off of a ladder to reach the top of the dust collector.  I am sure you know what I mean.

Good job on the new Series 3 guys


No comments:

Post a Comment